Electronics Design Engineer
Nice | HySecurity is focused on the development, production, and sale of highly developed and professionally installed gate operators for the residential, commercial, industrial, and hostile vehicle mitigation markets. We are looking for talented and collaborative engineers to join us in designing forward thinking products.
As an Electronics Design Engineer, you will be designing new products as part of a multi-functional team. You may be responsible for leading projects, driving high quality designs, and ensuring effective production implementation. You will be developing product requirements, architecture, schematic capture, layout, library management, testing and some production support. You should have excellent Altium and mixed signal electronics design skills.
Energetic, hands on, highly organized and detail-oriented engineer with the ability to work under a minimum of supervision. Strong communication skills and experienced in a team and hybrid environment. Eager to grow technical skills and to design products to be proud of.
- Skilled in mixed signal electronics, power supply architectures, digital radios and RF layout, embedded hardware design including microcontroller family/architecture. Layout of high-power DC motor drivers 50V/50A.
- Schematic capture, PCB stickups, part creation, layout and simulation of electronic circuits in Altium.
- Altium library and component management.
- Focus on design for manufacturability, cost and reliability.
- Strong collaboration with ID, ME, FE and PMs during design and development process to enhance the final product. Contribute to constructive design review and feedback processes.
- Manage build and test of new designs, create and execute test plans.
- Collaborate with test engineers to design and build custom bed of nails ATE.
- Debugging and diagnostics of field returns on newly introduced products.
- Effectively manage your time to accomplish goals despite competing project interests and changing priorities.
- Software; Primary: MS Office, Altium (365 and Concord Pro), SPICE tools, C/C++. Secondary: PLM, ERP.
- Excellent lab equipment skills: Oscilloscope, DMM, logic analyser, spectrum analyser, hand soldering.
- Knowledge of PCB manufacturing, PCBA, and quality: DRC, gerbers, DFM.
- Understanding of motor control systems and simulations preferred.
- UL991 and IPC Class 2 experience preferred. EMC/EMI experience preferred.
Education and experience:
- BSc degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in Electrical engineering. Altium experience required.
Based in Kent, WA. A mixture of on site and remote work possible depending on project requirements. This job description is not to be considered all-inclusive or fixed, it will evolve as the company’s and your needs change.